RE: Postgres RDS DB Parameters ::INSTANCE CLASS : db.m6id.2xlarge

От Phani Prathyush Somayajula
Тема RE: Postgres RDS DB Parameters ::INSTANCE CLASS : db.m6id.2xlarge
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello @Laurenz,
Thank you for your quick response. However, the parameters are already in place as you said. Although, there is no
issuewith the update statement. The Execution Plan and the usage of index is optimal for the query. I just want to
verifyif any connection pooling is required from database side

Regards,
Phani

-----Original Message-----
From: Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2024 5:11 PM
To: Phani Prathyush Somayajula <phani.somayajula@pragmaticplay.com>; pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: Postgres RDS DB Parameters ::INSTANCE CLASS : db.m6id.2xlarge

On Tue, 2024-06-18 at 10:38 +0000, Phani Prathyush Somayajula wrote:
> I have an AWS RDS instance
>
> We are seeing a lot of CPU consumption where we’re load testing our application.
> The query which is taking a lot of time is running less than 1ms if I
> run through my psql client on the server and is taking 162ms if I run it from dBeaver.
>
> I just want to analyse if the parameters that I set are optimal to the application or not.

I don't think that twiddling the parameters will make a lot of difference there.
The exception could be if you are retrieving results with a cursor; then setting "cursor_tuple_fraction" to 1 could
makea difference.

Other than that, you should use auto_explain with "auto_explain.log_analyze = on"
and "auto_explain.log_buffers = on" to capture an execution plan from the slow execution with DBeaver or your
application. Examining that plan should show what is going on.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: Postgres RDS DB Parameters ::INSTANCE CLASS : db.m6id.2xlarge
Сообщение: RE: Postgres RDS DB Parameters ::INSTANCE CLASS : db.m6id.2xlarge