Re: Replace uses of deprecated Python module distutils.sysconfig

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Replace uses of deprecated Python module distutils.sysconfig
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 24.01.22 03:53, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2022-01-23 21:31:52 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andres Freund<andres@anarazel.de>  writes:
>>> No, not really. There generally seems to be very little documentation about
>>> what one is supposed to use when embedding python (rather than building a
>>> python module). The only thing I really see is:
>>> https://docs.python.org/3/extending/embedding.html#compiling-and-linking-under-unix-like-systems
>>> which says to use python-config.
>> Yeah :-(.  I don't really want to go there, because it will break
>> existing setups.
> Yea, it seems to introduce a whole set of new complexities (finding python
> from python-config, mismatching python-config and explicitly specified python,
> ...). And it doesn't exist on windows either :(.

Also note that python-config is itself a Python script that uses
sysconfig and includes code like this:

     elif opt in ('--includes', '--cflags'):
         flags = ['-I' + sysconfig.get_path('include'),
                  '-I' + sysconfig.get_path('platinclude')]

So this would just do the same thing we are already doing anyway.