Re: Pgadmin 4 view and sort table

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Pgadmin 4 view and sort table
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Russell,

I'm responding as a fellow user.

>> Perhaps I am jumping the gun here, as the software is recently
>> released, but I am having trouble figuring out some basic operations
>> that I could do using PGAdmin 3.
>>
>> 1.  Open a table in its own window.  In PGAdmin 3, opening a table
>> opened its own window that was independent of the main system tree.
>> This allowed for arranging multiple tables across screens.  Now, all
>> windows may float, but they are constrained within the application
>> window.  Is this by design, or am I missing something?  It makes it
>> infinitely more difficult to use when everything is constrained to a
>> single window.

This is definitely a limitation, I expect largely due to the convertion
to a browser-based primary application version.  Note that I'm using the
webserver, so I don't know if there's a way around this in the desktop app.

>> 2.  When you view the data in a table, it does not seem possible to
>> sort the table.  Opening a table to view all records creates a
>> "Query-1" tab, which has a basic Select * by query, with order by the
>> primary key.  This is all greyed out and unable to be modified.  How
>> do you resort a table?

At this point?  Add "ORDER BY column" to the query.

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)