Re: starting postgresql with pgsql password - workarounds?

От Franco Bruno Borghesi
Тема Re: starting postgresql with pgsql password - workarounds?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This is not a PostgreSQL problem, it's the script you are using for startup that has some problem. The pg_hba method is for connection stablishment. PostgreSQL will start no matter what you put there.

Startup scripts are usually run as root, and postgresql script should su to the postgresql user to start the database. I don't know what your script is doing, but root should be able to su to any user without password.

Check your script, post it if you want. It would be usefull to know what system you are using also (linux/bsd/solaris/etc).