Re: starting postgresql with pgsql password - workarounds?

От Duane Winner
Тема Re: starting postgresql with pgsql password - workarounds?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am using the default startup script that is supplied with the FreeBSD
port (/usr/local/etc/rc.d/010.pgsql.sh) and enabling it in /etc/rc.d
with -o -i flags so listens on TCP/IP

Also, I should mention that the password I mentioned is NOT the password
for the local (Unix) pgsql account, but the password I set for the
postgresql database superuser, pgsql. That is the password I need to
enter to get postgresql to start.

Thanks,
DW

#!/bin/sh

# $FreeBSD: ports/databases/postgresql74-server/files/pgsql.sh.tmpl,v
1.17 2005/03/19 03:51:45 girgen Exp $
#
# PROVIDE: postgresql
# REQUIRE: LOGIN
# KEYWORD: FreeBSD shutdown
#
# Add the following line to /etc/rc.conf to enable PostgreSQL:
#
#  postgresql_enable="YES"
#  # optional
#  postgresql_data="/usr/local/pgsql/data"
#  postgresql_flags="-w -s -m fast"
#
# This scripts takes one of the following commands:
#
#   start stop restart reload status initdb
#
# For postmaster startup options, edit ${postgresql_data}/postgresql.conf

prefix=/usr/local

. /etc/rc.subr

load_rc_config postgresql

# set defaults
postgresql_enable=${postgresql_enable:-"NO"}
postgresql_flags=${postgresql_flags:-"-w -s -m fast"}
postgresql_user=pgsql
eval postgresql_data=${postgresql_data:-"~${postgresql_user}/data"}
postgresql_class=${postgresql_class:-"default"}

name=postgresql
rcvar=`set_rcvar`
command=${prefix}/bin/pg_ctl
command_args="-D ${postgresql_data} ${postgresql_flags} $1"
extra_commands="reload initdb"
start_cmd="postgresql_command start"
stop_cmd="postgresql_command stop"
restart_cmd="postgresql_command restart"
reload_cmd="postgresql_command reload"
status_cmd="postgresql_command status"

initdb_cmd="postgresql_initdb"

postgresql_command()
{
    su -l ${postgresql_user} -c "exec ${command} ${command_args}"
}

postgresql_initdb()
{
    su -l -c ${postgresql_class} ${postgresql_user} -c "exec
${prefix}/bin/initdb -D ${postgresql_data}"
}

run_rc_command "$1"