starting postgresql with pgsql password - workarounds?

От Duane Winner
Тема starting postgresql with pgsql password - workarounds?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
hello,

I've been using postgresql for about a year now, and am pretty
comfortable with the basics, bu there has been something bugging me for
a while now:

I set the METHOD in pg_hba.conf to md5 so that a password is required
from all users, from all hosts.

The only problem is that if the server restarts, postgresql will not
start until somebody goes to the console and enters the password for the
pgsql account.

Is there a solution for this solution?

Thanks,
DW