Re: [SQL] commit not completing - how to investigate?

От Tim Dudgeon
Тема Re: [SQL] commit not completing - how to investigate?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Maybe I'm not interpreting it correctly.
I was assuming that if the view reported a row then that row was still
"happening".
Yes, the state is "idle", and the command is "COMMIT".
But if the COMMIT has completed then the process should finish and the
row not be present?

So is what you are suggesting that in my case I'm using a connection
pool, and the COMMIT has completed successfully, the connection released
back to the pool, but not yet closed, so that process is still running?

Tim

On 21/07/2017 15:14, Tom Lane wrote:
> Tim Dudgeon <tdudgeon.ml@gmail.com> writes:
>> I have a situation where the pg_stat_activity view shows that can have
>> some processes that are idle and not completing. In some cases the
>> statement being executed is COMMIT.
> Are you sure you're interpreting the view properly?  If the session
> state is shown as idle, it's idle.  We used to show the query field
> as empty in that case, but recent PG versions allow the query field
> to continue to show the last-completed command.
>
>             regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [SQL] commit not completing - how to investigate?
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] commit not completing - how to investigate?