Re: [SQL] commit not completing - how to investigate?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [SQL] commit not completing - how to investigate?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Tim Dudgeon <tdudgeon.ml@gmail.com> writes:
> Yes, the state is "idle", and the command is "COMMIT".
> But if the COMMIT has completed then the process should finish and the
> row not be present?

Well, that's up to the connected client whether it's going to terminate
the session or not.

> So is what you are suggesting that in my case I'm using a connection
> pool, and the COMMIT has completed successfully, the connection released
> back to the pool, but not yet closed, so that process is still running?

That's sort of the point of a connection pooler, to re-use database
sessions rather than establishing new ones all the time.  But the
database doesn't know that a pooler is in use; it just sees a client
connection that's not doing anything right now.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: