Re: Plans for 8.2?

От Qingqing Zhou
Тема Re: Plans for 8.2?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote

> The key word there is "safely".  We don't have a lot of trust in
> SIGTERM'ing individual backends (as opposed to shutting down the
> whole cluster at once, which is a well-tested code path).  See the
> archives.

Maybe related question: is the code below in XactLockTableWait() related to
SIGQUIT?

 /*
  * Transaction was committed/aborted/crashed - we have to update pg_clog
  * if transaction is still marked as running.
  */
 if (!TransactionIdDidCommit(xid) && !TransactionIdDidAbort(xid))
  TransactionIdAbort(xid);

I interpret that if a quickdie or crash happens, then other backends may
still run for a while, so it is important to mark related transaction abort.
Or there is some other more obvious reason for that?

Regards,
Qingqing