Re: Plans for 8.2?

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: Plans for 8.2?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mikael.Carneholm@WirelessCar.com ("Mikael Carneholm") writes:
>>"Built In" Failover/Clustering
>
>>This won't happen. The community stance, which is a good one is that
>>no single replication solutions fits everyone's needs and therefore
>>we rely out the outside sources. Slony-I, Mammoth Replicator and
>>pgpool being the most popular.
>
> Too bad - I think that will keep a lot of potential users from
> evaluating Pg as a serious alternative. Good or bad, decide for
> yourself :)

Why on earth should that be?

What serious alternative to PostgreSQL actually includes built-in
failover or clustering?

For Oracle, it is a separate add-on product licensed separately.

Ditto for DB2.

The same is likely the case for Informix and others.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "acm.org")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/x.html