Re: Plans for 8.2?

От Mikael Carneholm
Тема Re: Plans for 8.2?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>In terms of statistics we do have statistics and exhaustive logging that
>can provide you with all of that information. Is there something
>specific that
>the information already provided really doesn't give you?

Can you give an example query for "list all queries executed since 12.00 AM, order by block_reads desc"? What I'm
aimingfor
is the ability to turn "measuring" on, regression test my application, turn "measuring" off again, and list the most
offensivequeries executed during the regression test. I know of at least one other DBMS that is capable of this...won't
mentionwhich one :)

>Materialized views we have, in a sense but much like updateable views
>you have to code for it.

I think what I'm looking for is MV support out-of-the-box, i.e "CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW foo_mv AS .. "

>"Built In" Failover/Clustering

>This won't happen. The community stance, which is a good one is that no
>single replication solutions fits everyone's needs and therefore we rely
>out the outside
>sources. Slony-I, Mammoth Replicator and pgpool being the most popular.

Too bad - I think that will keep a lot of potential users from evaluating Pg as a serious alternative. Good or bad,
decidefor yourself :)

>Analytic/window functions:

>Get coding man! :) We would love to have them.

Sure - as soon as I'm finished with my 4 other hobby projects. Too many ideas, too little time.. *sigh* :/

/Mikael