Re: Plans for 8.2?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Plans for 8.2?
Дата
Re: Plans for 8.2?  ("Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Mikael Carneholm wrote:
>> In terms of statistics we do have statistics and exhaustive logging that
>> can provide you with all of that information. Is there something
>> specific that
>> the information already provided really doesn't give you?
>
> Can you give an example query for "list all queries executed since 12.00 AM, order by block_reads desc"? What I'm
aimingfor
> is the ability to turn "measuring" on, regression test my application, turn "measuring" off again, and list the most
offensivequeries executed during the regression test. I know of at least one other DBMS that is capable of this...won't
mentionwhich one :)

You can use timestamp and one of the duration logging options for this.

>> "Built In" Failover/Clustering
>
>> This won't happen. The community stance, which is a good one is that no
>> single replication solutions fits everyone's needs and therefore we rely
>> out the outside
>> sources. Slony-I, Mammoth Replicator and pgpool being the most popular.
>
> Too bad - I think that will keep a lot of potential users from evaluating Pg as a serious alternative. Good or bad,
decidefor yourself :)

Although that is one thought, the project is fairly good at supporting
the various solutions in terms of where and how they exist.

Most people that are going to seriously use postgresql are going to do
the very easy research to get the right answer they need.

>> Get coding man! :) We would love to have them.
>
> Sure - as soon as I'm finished with my 4 other hobby projects. Too many ideas, too little time.. *sigh* :/

Perhaps you should drop the other 4 and concentrate on the important one ;)

Joshua D. Drake

От: Joshua Kramer
Сообщение: Security implications of untrusted triggers
От: Tino Wildenhain
Сообщение: Re: Plans for 8.2?