Re: Possible problem with pg_reload_conf() and view pg_settings

От William ZHANG
Тема Re: Possible problem with pg_reload_conf() and view pg_settings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I have tested on pgsql-8.1-beta3 on Windows 2003.
It works fine.

I changed the line in postmaster.conf between "on" and "off".
(Remember to save it each time). And paste the two lines in
psql to see the results.
   select pg_reload_conf();   select setting from pg_settings where name = 'constraint_exclusion';

"Tony Caduto" <tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com> wrote
> Hi,
> I have been playing around with pg_reload_conf() and the pg_settings view.
>
> I understand that the pg_settings view, if updated, applies to the current
> session only.
> However I was under the impression that if I did a pg_reload_conf(), the
> pg_settings view would be updated at that time, but that does not seem to
> happen. I am running on win32, but the same thing happens on Linux.
>
> If I restart the Postgresql service then the pg_settings view contains the
> changes I made to the postgresql.conf file.
>
> Any ideas, does this seem like a possible bug?  It just seems to me that
> pg_settings should be updated if a pg_reload_conf() is executed.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Tony

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Сообщение: Re: Interval aggregate regression failure (expected seems wrong)
Сообщение: Re: Interval aggregate regression failure (expected seems