Possible problem with pg_reload_conf() and view pg_settings

От Tony Caduto
Тема Possible problem with pg_reload_conf() and view pg_settings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,
I have been playing around with pg_reload_conf() and the pg_settings view.

I understand that the pg_settings view, if updated, applies to the
current session only.
However I was under the impression that if I did a pg_reload_conf(), the
pg_settings view would be updated at that time, but that does not seem to
happen.
I am running on win32, but the same thing happens on Linux.

If I restart the Postgresql service then the pg_settings view contains
the changes I made to the postgresql.conf file.

Any ideas, does this seem like a possible bug?  It just seems to me that
pg_settings should be updated if a pg_reload_conf() is executed.

Thanks,

Tony