Re: Sorting performance vs. MySQL

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Sorting performance vs. MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Yang Zhang <yanghatespam@gmail.com> wrote:
> This isn't some microbenchmark. This is part of our actual analytical
> application. We're running large-scale graph partitioning algorithms.

It's important to see how it runs if you can fit more / most of the
data set into memory by cranking up work_mem to something really big
(like a gigabyte or two) and if the query planner can switch to some
sort of hash algorithm.

Also, can you cluster the table on transactionid ?

Сообщение: Re: Sorting performance vs. MySQL
Сообщение: Re: Sorting performance vs. MySQL