Re: Sorting performance vs. MySQL

От Yang Zhang
Тема Re: Sorting performance vs. MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Yang Zhang escribió:
>> I have the exact same table of data in both MySQL and Postgresql. In Postgresql:
>
> I just noticed two things:
>
> [snip lots of stuff]
>
> 1.
>
>> ) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=50410166 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1
>
> You're doing a comparison to MyISAM.

We've actually been using innodb as well; it exhibits similar
execution times to MyISAM.

> 2.
>
>>   select * from metarelcloud_transactionlog order by transactionid;
>
> You're reading the whole table.
>
> This is unlikely to fly very far.  I suggest you try some query that's
> actually going to be used in the real world.

This isn't some microbenchmark. This is part of our actual analytical
application. We're running large-scale graph partitioning algorithms.
--
Yang Zhang
http://www.mit.edu/~y_z/

Сообщение: Re: Sorting performance vs. MySQL
Сообщение: Re: Sorting performance vs. MySQL