Re: query optimization

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: query optimization
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 3:45 AM, Suresh Borse <s.borse@direction.biz> wrote:

> Good Afternoon !!!
>
> The view executes very faster for the first time.
>
> When I execute the view again and again suddenly it gets slow or it gets
> hang.
>
> I have also traced the query plan but it changes for each execution.Can we
> fix the query plan.
>
> I have also tested the view on my test machine but the result was same.
>
> The view contains multi-table joins.

Do you have different where clauses for each time you execute it?
That can certainly affect performance each time, if you're where
clause is gonna grab 99% of the view, you'll get a different plan than
if you have a where clause that selects 0.01% of the table.

So yeah, we need explain analyze of each type of query that's fast
slow, and if there are ANY differences between them we need to know.