Re: postgres 'forgets' table definitions

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: postgres 'forgets' table definitions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 7:59 AM, alex <alex.pgsql@kerkhove.net> wrote:
> Problem solved!
>
> Even without vacuuming, I don't think postgres should ever behave like this, but I'm glad my problem is solved now.
>
> (perhaps this issue is fixed in newer releases, if not someone might want to look in to this pg_* tables/vacuum
issue)

As Jaime mentioned already, vacuuming is required.  However, in
addition to his point about various improvements, newer version will
begin throwing errors as they get closer to txid wraparound, and will
eventually shut down and refuse to run in multi-user mode once it
reaches a certain point.

So, yes, things have improved.