Re: postgres 'forgets' table definitions

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: postgres 'forgets' table definitions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 8:59 AM, alex <alex.pgsql@kerkhove.net> wrote:
> Problem solved!
>
> After a vacuum full verbose analyze of all the pg_* tables everything is fine again.
>
> I switched to a scripted vacuum about 6 months ago because some (history)tables take way too long to vacuum and have
staticdata anyway. But as it turns out I skipped all the pg_ tables since then. So they were not vacuumed for quite
sometime.

> Even without vacuuming, I don't think postgres should ever behave like this, but I'm glad my problem is solved now.

vacuum is a need not a choice, specially with such an old version...
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/routine-vacuuming.html#VACUUM-FOR-WRAPAROUND

in 8.3, there are a couple of improvments in that area that makes
wraparound less frecuent but it is still a problem... and now the
autovacuum is integrated so things are a lot better

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova

От: "Zvi Fer"
Сообщение: Re: Postgres security issue - protecting datafiles
От: "Scott Marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: postgres 'forgets' table definitions