Re: Fail to connect after server crash

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Fail to connect after server crash
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jan 4, 2008 11:46 AM, Kyle Wilcox <Kyle.Wilcox@noaa.gov> wrote:
> Checked some logs and a backup job was running at the same time as the
> insertions.  Must have been the backup job locking a file.  Is there a
> way to get the server to restart or should I reinstall?

Seeing as your backup program appears to have corrupted your database,
I'd say blowing away the PGDATA dir and running a new initdb is the
answer (not reinstalling).

Then you need to disable your backup job that caused this problem.
And shoot the person who set it up.  Or not.  That last step is
strictly optional.  :-)