Re: Fail to connect after server crash

От Kyle Wilcox
Тема Re: Fail to connect after server crash
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Checked some logs and a backup job was running at the same time as the
insertions.  Must have been the backup job locking a file.  Is there a
way to get the server to restart or should I reinstall?

Scott Marlowe wrote:
> Like Jonathan pointed out, looks like a permission issue.  We see
> these things show up on Windows boxes quite often when a virus checker
> / spyware checker kicks in and does something stupid like lock a file
> that postgresql needs to have exclusive access to.
>
> Simple answer there is to put postgresql on it's own machine with no
> spyware detection / anti-virus software on it, or more complexly, tell
> it to ignore the directories where postgresql lives.

 Kyle Wilcox
 NOAA Chesapeake Bay Office
 410 Severn Avenue
 Suite 107A
 Annapolis, MD 21403
 office: (410) 295-3151
 Kyle.Wilcox@noaa.gov

 "It is from the wellspring of our despair and the places
  that we are broken that we come to repair the world."
                        - Murray Waas