Re: Need source for Solaris 9

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Need source for Solaris 9
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Jan 4, 2008 5:24 AM, Suresh Gupta VG <suresh.g@zensar.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> I am using 7.4.2 version of Postgresql on "Solaris 9 9/04 s9s_u7wos_09
> SPARC". I need to upgrade to pgsql-8.2.5 version. I could not get the source
> for the solaris-9 on the site(http://www.postgresql.org/download/). I could
> see only for Solaris-10. Can you please provide me the right link for the
> download of source for the Solaris-9.

Well, I think you're confusing source with binary package.  The source
files will / should compile on any platform with a reasonable build
environment, including solaris 9.  A binary package for solaris 9 is
another issue.  I'm not sure where you would get that.  But you should
be able to download postgresql-8.2.5.tar.gz and compile that on
solaris, assuming you've got a decent build environment.

The source can be found here:

http://ftp9.us.postgresql.org/pub/mirrors/postgresql/v8.2.5/postgresql-8.2.5.tar.gz

(that's just one of the mirrors.)

Then read the INSTALL instructions in the file and come back if you
need more help.