Обсуждение: Need source for Solaris 9

Need source for Solaris 9

От
"Suresh Gupta VG"

Hi Team,

I am using 7.4.2 version of Postgresql on “Solaris 9 9/04 s9s_u7wos_09 SPARC”. I need to upgrade to pgsql-8.2.5 version. I could not get the source for the solaris-9 on the site(http://www.postgresql.org/download/). I could see only for Solaris-10. Can you please provide me the right link for the download of source for the Solaris-9.

Regards,

G. V. Suresh Gupta

Innovative Technology Solutions(ITS), Zensar Technologies

Zensar Knowledge Park, Plot#5, MIDC IT Tower,

Kharadi, Off Nagar Road, Pune – 411014

Landline :  +91-20-66453471           | +91-9890898688

Email     :   suresh.g@zensar.com    | website:  www.zensar.com

DISCLAIMER:
This email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s) and the views expressed in the same are not necessarily the views of Zensar Technologies Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail by error, its use is strictly prohibited, please delete the e-mail and notify the sender. Zensar Technologies Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

Re: Need source for Solaris 9

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
On Jan 4, 2008 5:24 AM, Suresh Gupta VG <suresh.g@zensar.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> I am using 7.4.2 version of Postgresql on "Solaris 9 9/04 s9s_u7wos_09
> SPARC". I need to upgrade to pgsql-8.2.5 version. I could not get the source
> for the solaris-9 on the site(http://www.postgresql.org/download/). I could
> see only for Solaris-10. Can you please provide me the right link for the
> download of source for the Solaris-9.

Well, I think you're confusing source with binary package.  The source
files will / should compile on any platform with a reasonable build
environment, including solaris 9.  A binary package for solaris 9 is
another issue.  I'm not sure where you would get that.  But you should
be able to download postgresql-8.2.5.tar.gz and compile that on
solaris, assuming you've got a decent build environment.

The source can be found here:

http://ftp9.us.postgresql.org/pub/mirrors/postgresql/v8.2.5/postgresql-8.2.5.tar.gz

(that's just one of the mirrors.)

Then read the INSTALL instructions in the file and come back if you
need more help.

Re: Need source for Solaris 9

От
"Usama Dar"