Re: Regarding COPY command from Postgres 8.2.0

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Regarding COPY command from Postgres 8.2.0
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 9/17/07, soni de <soni.de@gmail.com> wrote:
> We have upgraded postgres from 7.2.4 to 8.2.0.
> We have program which executes COPY command and our new database is changed
> having some extra columns in some tables.
> Because of this, COPY commands are failing.
> So, we wanted the option to COPY the data without specifying column names.

Can't you just edit the import to have the newer 8.2.x syntax of

COPY table (field1, field2, field3, field4) FROM stdin;

???

And please tell me you aren't running 8.2.0, but 8.2.4 or now that it
just came out, 8.2.5.  Those minor point releases contain a lot of bug
fixes, and you're just asking for trouble by running a .0 release.