Re: Dynamic loading of Perl Code in Postgres functions

От Harpreet Dhaliwal
Тема Re: Dynamic loading of Perl Code in Postgres functions
Дата
Re: Dynamic loading of Perl Code in Postgres functions  ("Jasbinder Singh Bali" <jsbali@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
so my syntax is correct? just wondering if there's some fundamental mistake in it
~Harpreet

On 1/16/07, Tom Lane < tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
"Harpreet Dhaliwal" < harpreet.dhaliwal01@gmail.com> writes:
> I was just wondering if one could use something like this

> CREATE FUNCTION *funcname* (*argument-types*) RETURNS *return-type* AS $$
>     require " abc.pl"
> $$ LANGUAGE plperl;

You'd have to use plperlu, since "require" isn't considered a trusted
operation.

> To include abc.pl here, how is the path of abc.pl specified.

Same as you'd do it in plain Perl.