Re: Dynamic loading of Perl Code in Postgres functions

От Jasbinder Singh Bali
Тема Re: Dynamic loading of Perl Code in Postgres functions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm kind of confused how this require thing would actually work
because I tried testing it at my end at its really not working with
postgres.
I'm sure there is some fundamental mistake.

I have to do the following:

I have a perl file and need to call and use full functionaily  of
this perl file in my postgres function.
    For this, the create function script that I wrote is as follows:
CREATE FUNCTION test_perl (int) RETURNS int AS $$
     require 'email_parser1.pl'
 $$ LANGUAGE plperlu;

really don't know if this is correct because if i try to load a file
that doesn't exist atall, then also postgres doesn't throw any errors.

Also do i need to give the fully qualified path of the perl file in
the create function script?

A quick help would be highly appreciated as I'm badly stuck up here.

Thanks,
Jas