Process won't start in Windows

От Robert Fitzpatrick
Тема Process won't start in Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am running PostgreSQL 8.1.5 under Windows Server 2003 Standard
edition. All has been running for weeks now, don't know if it has been
restarted since we installed. Today we installed a program, Paradox
database, which required a restart, and now the PostgreSQL Server
service won't start with the Event description that the service cannot
start by a user with administrative permsissions:

Execution of PostgreSQL by a user with administrative permissions is not
permitted.
The server must be started under an unprivileged user ID to prevent
possible system security compromises.  See the documentation for
more information on how to properly start the server.

I tried checking permissions on the data folder for the postgres user,
resetting the password, even re-created the user and reset perms on the
data and program files. Still won't start with the event error above.

What should I look for? I am used to running PostgreSQL on our BSD boxes
and have this setup for a customer.

--
Robert