Re: Process won't start in Windows

От Adam Rich
Тема Re: Process won't start in Windows
Дата
Re: Process won't start in Windows  (Robert Fitzpatrick <lists@webtent.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Robert,
Open "Computer Management" and find the postgres service.
There should be an item saying "Run As".  You want that to be
a non-privledged account.  Typically, postgres asks you what account
to use when you install it.  Just make sure that account has not been
granted administrative rights (you can check that under Computer
Management as well)

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Robert
Fitzpatrick
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 7:04 PM
To: PostgreSQL
Subject: [GENERAL] Process won't start in Windows

I am running PostgreSQL 8.1.5 under Windows Server 2003 Standard
edition. All has been running for weeks now, don't know if it has been
restarted since we installed. Today we installed a program, Paradox
database, which required a restart, and now the PostgreSQL Server
service won't start with the Event description that the service cannot
start by a user with administrative permsissions:

Execution of PostgreSQL by a user with administrative permissions is not
permitted.
The server must be started under an unprivileged user ID to prevent
possible system security compromises.  See the documentation for
more information on how to properly start the server.

I tried checking permissions on the data folder for the postgres user,
resetting the password, even re-created the user and reset perms on the
data and program files. Still won't start with the event error above.

What should I look for? I am used to running PostgreSQL on our BSD boxes
and have this setup for a customer.

--
Robert

       match