Re: pgbackrest: backup from standby

От David Steele
Тема Re: pgbackrest: backup from standby
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 8/20/18 3:36 PM, David Steele wrote:
> On 8/20/18 12:12 PM, Craig James wrote:
>
>> There are sections in the user guide on /Backup from a Standby
>> <https://pgbackrest.org/user-guide.html#standby-backup>/ and on /S3
>> Support <https://pgbackrest.org/user-guide.html#s3-support>/, but I
>> can't sort out how to combine them. Apparently I need to define
>> pg1-host/pg1-path, and pg2-host/pg2-path, then a stanza for S3. But does
>> all this go in the pgbackrest.conf of the primary ("radon" in my case),
>> or on the standby, or somehow split across both?
>
> You have an asymmetrical configuration here since there is not backup
> server and shown in the pgBackRest docs.  That makes configuration quite
> a bit harder and make failover harder.

Sorry, this was a bit garbled.  I meant to say:

You have an asymmetrical configuration here since there is no repo
server as shown in the pgBackRest docs.  That makes configuration quite
a bit harder and makes failover harder.

In the end, I think your migration would be made simpler by migrating
the pgBackRest repository before the database.

Is saving bandwidth an overriding concern or just a nice to have?

Regards,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

Сообщение: RE: temp_file_limit parameter ignored?
Сообщение: Re: temp_file_limit parameter ignored?