Re: PGXN installation failure for Postgres Image of PostgreSQL 12 and 13 versions.

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: PGXN installation failure for Postgres Image of PostgreSQL 12 and 13 versions.
Дата
Re: PGXN installation failure for Postgres Image of PostgreSQL 12 and 13 versions.  (Swapnil Sonawane <swapnil.sonawane@saama.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 2021-11-29 at 12:15 +0530, Gaurav Anand wrote:
> Hello Team,
>
> Our existing DB's are working with temporal table extension. We added this from the PGXN site and it works very well
forPG 9 or 10.

> Now, we are trying to upgrade our DB's with PG 13. Hence I tried to install the same pgxn extension to enable the
temporaltable. But I am receiving the error like postgres.h file not present and

> incompatible functions in versioning.c file
>
> Here are the steps:
> apt-get install pip; sudo pip install pgxnclient; pgxn install temporal_tables
>
> I tried multiple ways mentioned in the site but getting the same error. Please see the snaps attached.
>
> Hence having some queries about it
> 1. Does PGXN ext support any of the PG 12/13/14? Any alternate ways to install it with a particular version to avoid
error?

> 2. Kindly suggest a workaround if anyone has successfully tried?

It may well be that the extension has a problem.

You should quote the exact error messages, otherwise it is hard to say
what is the matter.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Gaurav Anand
Сообщение: PGXN installation failure for Postgres Image of PostgreSQL 12 and 13 versions.
От: Swapnil Sonawane
Сообщение: Re: PGXN installation failure for Postgres Image of PostgreSQL 12 and 13 versions.