Re: I spoke with Marc from the postgresql mailing list.

От Gary L. Burnore
Тема Re: I spoke with Marc from the postgresql mailing list.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 00:29:05 -0500, JanWieck@Yahoo.com (Jan Wieck)
wrote:

>On 11/7/2004 8:06 PM, Brian {Hamilton Kelly} wrote:
>> On Sunday, in article <2v7e2fF2h9nkcU1@uni-berlin.de>
>>      mikecoxlinux@yahoo.com "Mike Cox" wrote:
>>
>>> Also, he pointed out that for those who want to get the postgresql groups
>>> when their usenet sever doesn't carry them, the solution would be to point
>>> their newsreaders to news.postgresql.org.
>>
>> Which only confirms my opinion that he's a fuckwit.
>
>And you think that sort of comment makes your opinion welcome here?
>
>I haven't used usenet news for a few years, and I am shocked by the loss
>of quality over there. Certain technical groups used to be very much on
>the level of politeness and respect, our mailing lists reflect.

They still are.  That which you see from the likes of Brian aren't the
norm in comp.* groups.

>If this is what we can expect if we encourage more ISP's to carry our lists,
>then I am strictly for "discouraging". Maybe our goal should not be to
>make the PostgreSQL lists available by default on every news server.

This isn't about encouraging ISP's to carry your lists. It's about
fixing a problem caused by your list's gateways.

--
gburnore@databasix dot com
                  How you look depends on where you go.
                                      |  ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
DataBasix                             |  ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
                                      |  ÝÛ³ 3 4 1 4 2  ݳ޳ 6 9 0 6 9 ÝÛ³
Black Helicopter Repair Svcs Division |     Official Proof of Purchase
      Want one?  GET one!   http://signup.databasix.com

От: Jan Wieck
Сообщение: Re: I spoke with Marc from the postgresql mailing list.
От: "Marc G. Fournier"
Сообщение: Re: I spoke with Marc from the postgresql mailing list.