I spoke with Marc from the postgresql mailing list.

От Mike Cox
Тема I spoke with Marc from the postgresql mailing list.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
He wants to be in the big 8.  He would like to be under the comp.databases.*
domain and will not to move it to something like postgresql.*.

So he seems to agree with what was my original intention, which was to make
the current groups proper members of the big 8.

I also offered to let him take over the process as he understands gatewaying
and the details better than I.  I also offered to let him create the next
RFD, and hopefully he will agree to do it if he has the time.  He is the
most connected member of the postgresql team and it would be right for him
to decide how the groups should be run.

I haven't gotten a response to my email on whether he has the time to take
over the process, but I would like to let you know that I've asked Marc to
design the solution the best way he sees fit, and if he posts a revised RFD,
that one is the one to vote on.

Also, he pointed out that for those who want to get the postgresql groups
when their usenet sever doesn't carry them, the solution would be to point
their newsreaders to news.postgresql.org.

Please, those of you on the mailing list, DO cross post to news.groups.
This is where the news providers, admins, ect. in usenet group creation
meet.  It would help tremendously if they are involved in the process.

For those who are unsure of how big 8 newsgroups are created, visit
news.groups.  They have a Guidelines for Bigh Eight Newsgroup Creation post
annually.  It explains how it works.