Re: PostgreSQL website translations

От Adrian Maier
Тема Re: PostgreSQL website translations
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 9:48 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Adrian Maier a écrit :
>  > [...]
>
> > So:  should I spend time with bringing my Romanian translation
> > of the website up-to-date ?    or there is too little interest  ?
>
>  Despite the lack of answer, I think there is interest in translating the
>  website. But there's a few things to do before adding the translation. I
>  need to remember what Magnus told me about this last november :) ( ...
>  if I remember well, I had to find some way to figure out if pages are
>  out of date and if possible show the english page if the translated page
>  is out of date ... something like this but Magnus will correct me if I'm
>  wrong). Oh, and the pictures need to be "translatable" too.

Sure: currently it's extremely painful to keep track of the
modifications.  And the last time this was discussed i've
understood that  for the time being the translators can
only rely on cvs and the pgwww-commits mailing list
because there were no resources for creating something
more elaborate ( especially because there were no
translations available ).

Another thing that will need serious thinking is, IMHO, the
mechanism used for selecting the language.  I personally
hate when a website decides the language based on
something unintuitive and transparent like the default
language in the browser or the IP location.    I mean:  it's
much better to have a set of small flags or a combobox
so that the user can easily select the desired language
instead of digging into web browser 's configuration.

--
Adrian Maier

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: