Re: Migrate streaming replication 9.4 to 9.6

От Iñigo Salvat
Тема Re: Migrate streaming replication 9.4 to 9.6
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Thanks to all of you. I'll test the pglogical

Regards,

Iñigo

El 16/02/18 a las 13:37, MichaelDBA escribió:
pglogical can do major upgrades starting at version 9.4 and up,  so startup a 9.6 logical replication from the 9.4 master and failover over to the 9.6 replica when you want to go live with the  new version.

Regards,
Michael Vitale

Friday, February 16, 2018 2:18 AM
Hi,

Hi all,

I need to migrate a couple of servers running postgresql 9.4 been syncro with streaming replication to postgresql 9.6. Obviously the service could not be stopped.

Does any of you test to syncro data via streaming replication from a source in 9.4 and a target in 9.6?

Do you have a "howto" tested?

You can't. Streaming replication requires you use the same major version on all the nodes.

--
Guillaume.
Friday, February 16, 2018 1:16 AM
Hi all,

I need to migrate a couple of servers running postgresql 9.4 been syncro with streaming replication to postgresql 9.6. Obviously the service could not be stopped.

Does any of you test to syncro data via streaming replication from a source in 9.4 and a target in 9.6?

Do you have a "howto" tested?

Many thanks,