Re: Add .editorconfig

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Add .editorconfig
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-12-11 17:09, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 11 Dec 2019, at 17:00, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>
>> There were a couple of recent threads that wanted to add an .editorconfig file but never actually ended up doing
so.[0][1] Here is a patch.  It is meant to match more or less what's in .dir-locals.el.

> +[*.{c,h,l,y,pl,pm}]
>
> What about *.sh?
>
> Not that there is much of Python in the tree, but shouldn't those also be
> covered if we do this?
>
> [*.py]
> indent_style = space
> indent_size = 4

Those were not in the Emacs config either.

I'd be inclined to leave the Python stuff alone, in particular.  The
PEP-8 style appears to be universally accepted as the default, so we
don't need to specify it here.  We only need to specify what's different
or where no sensible default exists.