Обсуждение: Add .editorconfig

Add .editorconfig

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
There were a couple of recent threads that wanted to add an
.editorconfig file but never actually ended up doing so.[0][1]  Here is
a patch.  It is meant to match more or less what's in .dir-locals.el.

I have only tested this with the GitHub view, not with an actual editor.

[0]:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20180605172252.GA2433%40fetter.org
[1]:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20180529153617.c72llpzbvt46chr6%40alap3.anarazel.de

Re: Add .editorconfig

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 11 Dec 2019, at 17:00, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> There were a couple of recent threads that wanted to add an .editorconfig file but never actually ended up doing
so.[0][1] Here is a patch.  It is meant to match more or less what's in .dir-locals.el.

+[*.{c,h,l,y,pl,pm}]

What about *.sh?

Not that there is much of Python in the tree, but shouldn't those also be
covered if we do this?

[*.py]
indent_style = space
indent_size = 4

cheers ./daniel

Re: Add .editorconfig

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 2019-12-11 17:09, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 11 Dec 2019, at 17:00, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>
>> There were a couple of recent threads that wanted to add an .editorconfig file but never actually ended up doing
so.[0][1] Here is a patch.  It is meant to match more or less what's in .dir-locals.el.

> +[*.{c,h,l,y,pl,pm}]
>
> What about *.sh?
>
> Not that there is much of Python in the tree, but shouldn't those also be
> covered if we do this?
>
> [*.py]
> indent_style = space
> indent_size = 4

Those were not in the Emacs config either.

I'd be inclined to leave the Python stuff alone, in particular.  The
PEP-8 style appears to be universally accepted as the default, so we
don't need to specify it here.  We only need to specify what's different
or where no sensible default exists.

Re: Add .editorconfig

От
Andreas Karlsson
Дата:
I have not used .editorconfig that much, but would it makes sense to add
the below?

[*]
end_of_line = lf

--
Andreas Karlsson

Re: Add .editorconfig

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 2019-12-11 18:54, Andreas Karlsson wrote:
> I have not used .editorconfig that much, but would it makes sense to add
> the below?
>
> [*]
> end_of_line = lf

I think that would best be done in response to an actual need.

Re: Add .editorconfig

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 2019-12-11 17:00, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> There were a couple of recent threads that wanted to add an
> .editorconfig file but never actually ended up doing so.[0][1]  Here is
> a patch.  It is meant to match more or less what's in .dir-locals.el.

committed