Re: Changing xml in a database

От John Gray
Тема Re: Changing xml in a database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:02:51 +0000, C G wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have installed the contrib xml package and have it working, but I would
> like some advice on the best way to use it. In particular, how should I
> alter xml files? For instance, if I have:

There's no way at present. The support in contrib/xml is really intended
for querying document stores in which each document is updated as a whole.
There are other PG/XML solutions available which decompose XML documents
into database tables which might be better for your application, eg.
Xpsql (which I confess I've never had time to look at!):

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/xpsql/projdisplay.php

In general, contrib/xml treats xml documents as blocks of text with XPath
queries. It was really meant as a proof of concept (which happens to work
in production :-)

Regards

John