Re: Referencing columns from system tables possible?

От DeJuan Jackson
Тема Re: Referencing columns from system tables possible?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Why not place the pid of the process into your session and set up a cronjob to look at pg_listner and delete any pid's from the session file that have gone away?  Only down side is if you recycle pid's really quickly.

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 07:33:47PM -0800, Boris Popov wrote:

Boris,

AH> (I don't remember why you rejected the idea of having a cron job to
AH> delete entries belonging to expired sessions ...)

Reason I'm trying to find a different solution is to avoid
implementing application heartbeat that updates the timestamp.
I don't think there's another way because you'd need the "trigger on
disconnect" or some such that doesn't exist (yet).