Re: RHEL

От Adam Haberlach
Тема Re: RHEL
Дата
Re: RHEL  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 08:56:29AM -0600, Darryl W. DeLao Jr wrote:
> Im currently on red hat 7.3 running postgres.  Everything is running fine.
> Obviously, Im going to have to upgrade to RHEL 3 in order to receive
> updates, etc.  Does anyone know of any problems with postgres running on
> RHEL 2.1 or RHEL 3?

    I was, a few minutes ago, stunned to discover that as far as I can
tell, the postgres server is not part of Red Hat Server ES (I'm not sure
if it is in Advanced Server).  They have the clients and dev libs,
but I don't see any hint of a server.

(If I'm wrong, I'd love to be corrected)

    On that note, does anyone have suggestions for which version of
the server I should run?  I see that there are seperate binary RPMS
for different Linux versions, but nothing for version 3 -- should I
spend some time doing a full install, building, and contributing
one, or is this not necessary?

--
Adam Haberlach         |  "We spent the 90's all trying to figure out
adam@mediariffic.com   |  how to get email and the 00's trying to