Re: Advantages and disadvantages of more than one dbserver

От Daniel Seichter
Тема Re: Advantages and disadvantages of more than one dbserver
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello Sam and Scott
> We'll be looking at more performance boosts once the system is mature.
> We already have the DB on a dedicated drive, on a dedicated controller.
> Moving to a RAID 1 config with another 120GB drive would be good. The DB
> on disk currently takes up about 35GB with only 1 quarters data, but
> growth with longer timespans should be minimal as the DB is very well
> normalised. RAID 5 not an option in the current box, as there are not
> enough bays in the (crappy RM desktop) case, and we'd have to use
> software RAID or buy a more epensive controller, and probably move to
> SCSI, which would be expensive enough to justify buying a small
> dedicated box instead, which would be better in many ways. When ones
> workstation is also supposed to be a high-availability server, certain
> things become difficult.
Is there any knowned rate in percent, how much faster a database will be if
I would put 1GB instead of 512MB into my server?
What RAID do you prefer? A 'simple' RAID1 should be enough or do you prefer
RAID5 or what else?

Daniel

От: Sam Barnett-Cormack
Сообщение: Re: Advantages and disadvantages of more than one dbserver
От: "Mendola Gaetano"
Сообщение: pg_dump trunc some rows