Re: Advantages and disadvantages of more than one dbserver

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Advantages and disadvantages of more than one dbserver
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Sam Barnett-Cormack wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, scott.marlowe wrote:

> > > If the database is at all large, you really want more memory than that.
> > > I have a really quite large DB, but I am *really* struggling with 1GB
> >
> > We went from 512 Meg to 1.5 Gig and the change was tremendous.  That box
> > ran Apache/Postgresql/auth_ldap/LDAP and now has 800 Meg of cache mem and
> > about 120 Megs of buffer routinely.  I'd heartily recommend even a jump
> > from just 1 to 1.5 gig if you can make it.
>
> I want either a seperate (high-ish spec, high memory) box, or to not
> have to use my workstation as a server :) But I don't think my employers
> will put any more money into this project until it's fully finished.

Well, always look at memory and drives.  If you can add memory to your
workstation is will be a much faster server.  Adding drives into a RAID1
1+0 or 5 set can provide a performance increase too.

Сообщение: Re: Advantages and disadvantages of more than one dbserver
Сообщение: Re: Advantages and disadvantages of more than one dbserver