Re: Advantages and disadvantages of more than one dbserver

От Sam Barnett-Cormack
Тема Re: Advantages and disadvantages of more than one dbserver
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, scott.marlowe wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Sam Barnett-Cormack wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Daniel Seichter wrote:
> >
> > > Today memory isn't expensive so with 512MB I can be shure, every user on
> > > this server might have enough to work without any timeout or waiting times
> > > greater then 2 seconds.
> >
> > If the database is at all large, you really want more memory than that.
> > I have a really quite large DB, but I am *really* struggling with 1GB
>
> We went from 512 Meg to 1.5 Gig and the change was tremendous.  That box
> ran Apache/Postgresql/auth_ldap/LDAP and now has 800 Meg of cache mem and
> about 120 Megs of buffer routinely.  I'd heartily recommend even a jump
> from just 1 to 1.5 gig if you can make it.

I want either a seperate (high-ish spec, high memory) box, or to not
have to use my workstation as a server :) But I don't think my employers
will put any more money into this project until it's fully finished.

--

Sam Barnett-Cormack
Software Developer                           |  Student of Physics & Maths

Сообщение: Re: Advantages and disadvantages of more than one dbserver
Сообщение: Re: Advantages and disadvantages of more than one dbserver