Re: DELETE performance problem

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: DELETE performance problem
Дата
Re: DELETE performance problem
Список pgsql-performance
2009/11/24 Luca Tettamanti <kronos.it@gmail.com>
On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Jerry Champlin
<jchamplin@absolute-performance.com> wrote:
> You may want to consider using partitioning.  That way you can drop the
> appropriate partition and never have the overhead of a delete.

Hum, I don't think it's doable in my case; the partitioning is not
know a priori. First t1 is fully populated, then the data is loaded
and manipulated by my application, the result is stored in t2; only
then I want to remove (part of) the data from t1.

thanks,
Luca

It's a shame there isn't a LIMIT option on DELETE so this can be done in small batches.

Thom

Сообщение: Re: DELETE performance problem
Сообщение: Re: DELETE performance problem