Re: 7.4 features list

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: 7.4 features list
Дата
Re: 7.4 features list  (Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian schrieb:
> I am continuing on the work, but I am now uncertain I can complete by
> code freeze in Mid-May, or even by the end of May.
>
> I am unsure what we should do:
>
>     delay code freeze
>     allow Win32 patches during beta
>     delay Win32 for 7.5

I'm just a "normal" user, but I'd like to throw in my to 2cents as well. As
much as I appreciate all the work you are doing, I think that decent Win32
version will give PostgreSQL big momentum especially over MySQL. I'm
happily running the Peer-Direct version (although not in a
business-critical environment) and I would just love to see an "official"
win32 version.

So from my point of view delaying Win32 for 7.5 would really be a bad choice.

Cheers
Thomas