Re: 7.4 features list

От Ricardo Ryoiti S. Junior
Тема Re: 7.4 features list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi there,

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Thomas Kellerer wrote:

> Bruce Momjian schrieb:

> > I am continuing on the work, but I am now uncertain I can complete by
> > code freeze in Mid-May, or even by the end of May.
> >
> > I am unsure what we should do:
> >
> >     delay code freeze
> >     allow Win32 patches during beta
> >     delay Win32 for 7.5
> >

> I'm just a "normal" user, but I'd like to throw in my to 2cents as well. As
> much as I appreciate all the work you are doing, I think that decent Win32
> version will give PostgreSQL big momentum especially over MySQL. I'm
> happily running the Peer-Direct version (although not in a
> business-critical environment) and I would just love to see an "official"
> win32 version.
>
> So from my point of view delaying Win32 for 7.5 would really be a bad choice.
That's also my opinion. Sometimes Justin forwards mails he
receives from people concerned in PostgreSQL to the advocacy mailing list,
and you'll notice that most of that people look like non-technical (ie,
managers) and probably would like to develop their software without
worrying about the plataform their database will have to run.
Unfortunatelly I currently don't track -current nor have yet tested a
Win32 snapshot (though I'd like to, once I looked for but I couldn't find
any binary snapshot).
If there's something to improve a lot the advocacy effort results,
this would be a Win32 port.
[]sRicardo.