7.4 features list

От Bruce Momjian
Тема 7.4 features list
Дата
Re: 7.4 features list  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
When we started on 7.4 development, I was hoping for three major
features:
o PITR (point-in-time recovery)o Win32 porto Master-slave Postgres-R

Now, the last one isn't going to happen because we didn't get any
funding for the replication guys.  The first one is being worked on by
Patrick at Red Hat, and I have seen a patch, but I am not sure how close
it is to completion.  Patrick?

For Win32, I was moving along well until I hit the fork/exec changes.
They are extensive, and I am having problems because though the port is
good from PeerDirect, it does take more work to get it up to our coding
standards, and second, it is against 7.2, and I have to factor all
changes up to our current CVS code.

I am continuing on the work, but I am now uncertain I can complete by
code freeze in Mid-May, or even by the end of May.

I am unsure what we should do:
delay code freezeallow Win32 patches during betadelay Win32 for 7.5

Pennsylvania19073