Re: obsoleting plpython2u and defaulting plpythonu to plpython3u

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: obsoleting plpython2u and defaulting plpythonu to plpython3u
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/26/18 16:39, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I don't think we should do that unless there is an update to PEP 394.
>
> PEP 394 points out that some distros (at least Arch) have already switched
> "python" to mean "python3",

My recollection is that PEP 394 was written because Arch jumped the gun
and the PEP is saying "do this instead".

> and I gather from Pavel's inquiry that the day
> is in sight when Fedora will do that.

According to the plan I found at
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FinalizingFedoraSwitchtoPython3>, they
will also wait for an update to PEP 394 ("and we will drive that update
if needed").

So that's all great.  There are some opportunities for prep work in the
meantime that have been mentioned.