Re: obsoleting plpython2u and defaulting plpythonu to plpython3u

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: obsoleting plpython2u and defaulting plpythonu to plpython3u
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 4/26/18 16:39, Tom Lane wrote:
>> and I gather from Pavel's inquiry that the day
>> is in sight when Fedora will do that.

> According to the plan I found at
> <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FinalizingFedoraSwitchtoPython3>, they
> will also wait for an update to PEP 394 ("and we will drive that update
> if needed").

Note that there's a specific timeline there: they expect PEP 394 to get
changed not more than 2 years from now.  I am not sure if Red Hat has
enough pull in the Python community to guarantee that will happen, but
do you want to bet against it?

> So that's all great.  There are some opportunities for prep work in the
> meantime that have been mentioned.

We should evidently plan on making this stuff happen in v12, or we're
going to be behind the curve.