Re: obsoleting plpython2u and defaulting plpythonu to plpython3u

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: obsoleting plpython2u and defaulting plpythonu to plpython3u
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Incidentally, it recently came to my notice that we're still issuing
> hints that say:
> Use CREATE LANGUAGE to load the language into the database.
> That is now, and has been for some time, the wrong advice.  We should
> really be recommending CREATE EXTENSION.

Right.  It's too late in the v11 cycle to consider any of this other work
right now, but I think it'd be reasonable to adjust those message(s) for
v11 ... any objections?  I see two places in functioncmds.c that ought
to change, as well as a few examples in the SGML docs.