Re: Issues while building PG in MS Windows, using MSYS2 and MinGW-w64

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Issues while building PG in MS Windows, using MSYS2 and MinGW-w64
Дата
Re: Issues while building PG in MS Windows, using MSYS2 andMinGW-w64  ("insaf.k" <insaf.k@zohocorp.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"insaf.k" <insaf.k@zohocorp.com> writes:
> I am trying to build PG from source, in MS Windows using MSYS2 and MinGW-w64. I've tried to build PG 10.0 as wells as
10.3.
> I've done configuring like this
>       ./configure --prefix="/d/pg10/"
> And when I do "make" or "make world", I'm getting compilation error. I've attached complete error report at the end
ofthe mail.

I don't know anything about mingw, but from the first error message you
showed, I'd venture that configure failed to fill in pg_config_ext.h
correctly.  It should have put in a line like

#define PG_INT64_TYPE long long int

and evidently it hasn't.  This suggests that there's something wrong
with one of the text-processing tools it uses, such as "sed".  You
might look into config.log and see if there are any relevant-looking
error messages (probably down near the end).  Also, try comparing
your configure text output and config.log to those of one of our
buildfarm machines that's using mingw successfully, such as

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=jacana&dt=2018-04-27%2012%3A19%3A49

(the "config" and "configure" links on that page are what to compare to).

Hm ... I notice that jacana's been set up so that it explicitly
gives configure a --host setting instead of letting configure work
that out.  No idea if that was really necessary or not.